Balancing Ecology & Economy !
Can we imagine a village without farming in India?
- Farming is the backbone of the villages in India.
- Agri-culture is really a culture beyond religion
- Economy of the country depends on agriculture as it is the creator of wealth and improves the rural economy
- Good nutritional Food is the basic need of human beings
Can we imagine living without trees & forest?
We all know the importance of trees and forests for our survival from the air we breathe to the climate change/global warming. But who can plant trees without sustainable income?
Can we imagine without water harvesting?
As the ground water level decreasing , aquifers getting dry Rainwater harvesting is an important and vital part of developing a sustainable community ,promoting self-sufficiency and improving ground water level
Can we live healthy without Good Food?
We all know the importance of healthy nutritious food in this situation of dreadful diseases and pandemic
But can we do anything for it ?
Yes, We can do together as a community association with farmers and villages making positive social and environmental impact developing “Good Food Villages“ through food forests
Current situation of Agriculture and Rural community
- Agricultural production has drastically fallen due to losses as farming becoming unviable
- Agriculture is contributing around 60% of the global warming and drying up aquifers
- Villages are depending on cities for their daily life as the employment opportunities and wealth creation are not happening in villages
What are the causes?
- Agriculture labor decreasing due to poor working environment with poor pay
- Agricultural expenses have escalated due to high input costs
- Frequent Natural disasters , uncontrolled heavy usage of Fertilizers, pesticides and using excess amounts of water reserves.
- Unhealthy distribution system , wastage of produces and lack of local value added products
What are the solutions?
- Develop easier working environment with better pay and Farmers should avoid dependency on the external resources
- Bringing down the cost of agricultural production and improve yield going by the natural process of farming — create “food forests “ through joint venture and community farms as model
- Establishing “community kitchens “ in rural and urban areas for distribution of nutritional tasty food , agriculture products to improve village economy and health
- Establish food exchanges and Encourage food subscriptions , ensuring perishable items are grown on demand avoiding waste