SUPPORT FARMERS - Community Supported Agriculture (CSA), Plant or Gift Fruit trees, Subscribe, Participate in Good Food Events
We support natural organic farming by connecting farms, farmer communities, consumers and organizations through various engagement programs.
COMMUNITY SUPPORTED AGRICULTURE (CSA) to create FOOD FORESTS:
CSA is a program where consumers support farmers by investing in farming activities as joint venture for share of produce. The farms are protected by the insurance and other Govt schemes.
- Fresh, tasty, healthy and nutritious natural organic produce based on your interest without owning land – Like Food products, Herbs, flowers and others
- Learn about natural farming practices, traditional food events, involve with different communities etc and experience the real farming
- This arrangement rewards all stakeholders – the farmers, the consumers, the producers and the Environment – Benefits and risks are equally shared – Experiencing the joy of sharing and togetherness
In this way, the farmers can focus more on farming activities and improving yield. The benefits are shared between CSA members, farmer groups and us.
Benefits of Subscription
You Save and help Farmers to Live better
Subscription of our natural community farms products benefits the farmers, producers, consumers and also greatly helps the rural economy and environment.
GFV Community Farmer Benefits:
- Makes small scale farming competitive – access to latest irrigation and other technologies, marketing channels and information
- Assured market for their produce at their doorsteps, reducing risk of production, marketing and transaction costs with crop insurance and schemes
- Ensures higher production of better quality, financial support in cash and /or kind and technical guidance to the farmers. with an assured price
Get fresh products at discounted rates
Plant or Gift Trees, Create Memorial Food Forest
Plant or Gift Fruit trees in memory of your life events or Create a memorial Food Forest which helps to improve rural economy and ecology. It helps change the cropping pattern of the farmers to avoid dependency on third party inputs for farming.
Currently we work with farmer groups, SHGs and NGOs in Ongur, Villupuram and Chengalpattu Dt.
The share of community farm products will be shared for people planting or gifting fruit trees along with companion plants for the equivalent amount in an year .